Welcome to Fox Meadow Intermediate Center. My name is Janet Waters and I am the school counselor. This is my second year at FMIC and my 4th year as a school counselor. I have taught special education, kindergarten, 7th grade, and 5th grade. I have been involved in education for nearly 20 years. I graduated from UCA with a BSE in Special and Elementary Education. In 2006, I graduated from ASU with my Master's in School Counseling. I am currently taking graduate classes toward my professional counseling license.
Fox Meadow Intermediate Center is an incredible place to be! FMIC is also know as BIG FOX FAMILY! I am proud to work with incredible faculty, parents and students. I am also known as Mrs. H20! :)
The school counseling program serves to help students reach their academic potential by working on personal, social, and academic areas.
"You must do that which you think you cannot do! : Eleanor Roosevelt
It's going to be a great year!
A SCHOOL COUNSELOR IS SOMEONE WHO
- works with students individually and in small groups
- consults with teachers and administrators
- coordinates efforts with school specialists and outside agencies
A SCHOOL COUNSELOR HELPS STUDENTS
A SCHOOL COUNSELOR HELPS PARENTS
- understand their part in their child's learning experience
- understand child development and behavior
A SCHOOL COUNSELOR HELPS TEACHERS
- create a positive learning environment
- meet the individual needs of the student